Week #1 Reflexion

 Paloma Garcia Rosado

Senior Project 

May 22, 2023

Weekly Reflexion 

In the first week of my senior project I set new expectations for myself. I was going to start working in an office which is a different environment to what I am used to. When I got to the office people welcomed me very warmly and it made me feel confident. As the people at the office introduced themselves, I also got to know their roles at the office. Each of them and their roles are very important for the success of the school.

This first week as I got to know the roles and responsibilities of the people in the office I also learned their goals as an alumni office. The goal is to keep a connection between the alumni from proctor and think that proctor impacted their life so much that they would like to help in any way. The connection they have created with the alumni have helped them to receive a lot of donations that have helped the school in different ways. Also I learned the different ways to keep communications with the alumni from proctor. Through this process it also helps to build a relationship outside of school that helps Proctor Academy to continue impact lives. 

During the week I have been helping with upcoming events for alumni. So far I have been helping with the reunion of the class of 1978 and the athletics hall of fame. At the same time I have been learning about the history of proctor, and the people that have impacted proctor in ways that today they are still very grateful for what proctor provided them. These relationships have built the legacy of proctor and it’s all thanks to the alumni office and the work they are always doing behind the scenes.


Comments

  1. Super important to see how important the Development Office is- and soon you will be an alum yourself. Great work P!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 11

May 10