Week 2# Reflexion

 Paloma Garcia Rosado

Senior Project

Weekly Reflexions

May 21, 2023

Week 2# 

During week 2 I felt more confident working in the office. As I completed a few important tasks last week, this week I worked more fluently. I also attended a couple of meetings during the week that taught me a lot about what is going on behind the scenes at Proctor. Communication is one of the most important things that I have learned in the office. Besides the importance of having communication as coworkers, it’s very important to hold communications with those people that have helped the proctor community in any way. By doing this Proctor has been able to keep connections and get  help when is needed. 

I had the opportunity to meet with a person that has donated scholarships to students throughout the years and also is part of the trustees. It amazed me how kind and helpful this person can be, and knowing it wasn’t the only person doing it. This  made me think about all the opportunities these people and Proctor give to students like me. I also learned about the different roles these people can play in the proctor community. I also learned the process of how the office organizes the donations and makes sure they get to where they need to and where the priorities are needed. 

Later in the week I started working with the big projects which are graduation and senior dinner. During the week I helped with details of senior dinner which is going to be a big event since it is the largest class that Proctor has ever had. I helped with tickets, table numbers and organizing guests. During the process I learned how hard it is to organize and plan events like the office does. Event planning is when the team works together to accomplish the success of the event and they do it very well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 10

Week #1 Reflexion

May 11